Sunday, April 11, 2010

dipping into the Qi field

This from my freind and co-teacher, Vivi:
 I notice that with Spring in the air there is a tendency to get caught up in a whirlwind of events, ideas, creative impulses -- all wonderful to be sure, but a good time to take a moment to breathe and notice what's going on inside the body.  This is where our health, happiness and awakening occur.  Are we giving ourselves time to be with ourselves.  I have been reminding myself that this is my priority.  All the must-dos will get done so much more smoothly and with great ease if I feel into my body  throughout the day and put aside some time for my practice.    If you notice your practice has not been happening, be gentle with yourself.  Grateful that you've noticed, and ask yourself what feels right for you.  Things change and sometimes half an hour of focused practice is more beneficial that an hour of hurried scattered practice.  Five minutes of dipping into the qi field can be a tremendous pick-me-up.  Practicing for just a few minutes helps to integrate qi gong into your life.  A couple of minutes of lachi on the whole body, arms at side, when standing in line.  When irritated, feel into where there's holding in the body, and try doing the inner smile into that place, visualizing  a waterfall of smiling healing energy flowing into the contracted spot and relaxing, releasing the blockage into the ocean of life around you.  

"Joy is only possible when we meet all energetic circumstances equally."  -- Michael Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment