Sunday, November 14, 2010

Spinal QiGong workshop Handouts

Thanks for the lovely afternoon in the healing chifield of Yoga Hive.  Here are the links about the movements we learned today.  If anything doesn't work or is confusing please let me know and I'll fix it.   I'll be in town until Dec 1 and if you would like to pursue any further Qigong, please call me on my cell at 916-600-8241.  Let Kimberly know what you thought and if you want to encourage us to do something the next time I visit. I hope I have remembered everything. Haola!

We started with visualizing the spine with the luminosity of a fetus still in the womb, with all that creative potential still alive within your spine today.

We practiced a variation of the Inner Smile smiling into the spine.  Notes about Inner Smile.  Free Internet book on the Inner Smile.  Visual images for Inner Smile practice with organs.

Standing we reviewed the Standing Meditation posture and then set the chi field. 
Then we proceeded with Opening to Six Directions.  This is an easy flow to learn and practice on your own.  Next we open the spine in its three primary ways of moving, forward and back (Description, visual standing, visuals seated and lying down), side to side and rotating (Ringing the Gong). 
Break
Rotating from the Center
Spinal Bone Marrow
Playing with the Chi Ball
Break
Cranes Neck and Dragons Head:  Description, Visuals and Text page 1, page 2.
Bend Body Stretch Spine
Turn Hips and open gua to gather chi at Dantien
These three movements come from the Wisdom Healing QiGong Body Mind Method.  If you wish to study this further purchase the DVD from the chi center.com
I see the DVD is currently sold out.  I do have at least one at home I can sell and mail if you ask.
Break
Spontaneous Guided Meditation sinking the chi into the bone marrow, with inner smile.

Here is some general material you may enjoy:
Blog posts of a general nature:
What is a chi field:  http://chifully.blogspirit.com/archive/2010/05/18/what-is-a-chi-field.html
The essence of Qigong: http://chifully.blogspirit.com/archive/2010/05/26/the-essence-of-qigong.html

Blogs: 
Qigong Prison Ministry: http://chifully.blogspirit.com/
This was my first blog and contains many levels of my qigong experiences, prison work is the focus, and it also has reflections, testimonials, links to research and much more.  Use the categories on the left side bar to navigate through years of materials.
Chifully: http://chifully.blogspot.com/  
I created this blog to focus more on my teaching "on the streets" (outside of prison) and it contains links to support materials, testimonials from other students, links to research, You Tube demonstrations of the same movements I teach, and more.

Reading List
Free Internet Inner Smile Book
Top Ten Reasons to Practice
Philosophy of the Healer being Within
Visualization

Sequences collections of my favorite moves
Vitality sequence
Seven Precious Gestures
Treasures of Qigong

Enjoy, Haola (Alli s well, so be it!)
Judy Tretheway

No comments:

Post a Comment